Royal Academy of Music, 2015-17 M.A. in Jazz Performance, Distinction
University of York, B.A. in Music (research), 1.0
Magdalen College School Oxford, A Levels in History (A), Philosophy (B), Music (B), and AS Level Maths (B)
Rugby School, 6A*, 4As, 2Bs at GCSE including Maths, and Science and English
Fire Tech Camp, summer technology camp for children of 12-17. 2013-present.
- Designed curriculum for ‘Digital Music Production’ course. Lead tutor teaching composition of electronic music. Child management and schedule keeping. DBS certified.
Edition Records, a record label focusing on jazz. April 2016 and April 2017.
- Organisation and scheduling of entire catalogue, marketing on social media, sales distribution. Helped film recording sessions.
Production of ‘The Bluestocking!’ musical, by Alex Thomas. Performed 2013.
- Arranged and orchestrated 24 pieces for pit band of 13 instruments from a piano and vocal score.
Royal Academy of Music Jazz Nights, September 2016-July 2017.
- Event organiser and host. Live sound engineer.
Halo Postproduction, work experience. August 2013.
- Runner. Also gained familiarity with DAW templates and workflow for large scale recording sessions.
Private nanny for 3 children, one with SEN. July 2017-present.
References available upon request.
Portfolio and Achievements
Won ‘best up-and-coming student jazz band’ 2015 with band Donkey Zoo that he founded, and played at Cheltenham Jazz Festival 2015 and 2016.
Winner of William Rayner Scholarship at Royal Academy of Music for contribution to department.
Winner of Countess of Munster musical scholarship.
Proficient user of Logic, Sibelius, and Ableton Live music software.
Donkey Zoo ‘DZ’ album, production manager and recording engineer.
Host of University Radio York’s Saturday night flagship show, ‘The Sessions Show’, featuring bands from around the city.
Listen to work at www.willedwardsmusic.com
Climbing, cycling, sailing.
Full driving license and powerboat level 2 license.